When you are making plans to take advantage of professional moving services in Massachusetts, it is important to know what to expect from the local Cape Cod moving services and what things you will need to take care of for yourself. There are many different levels of service available, such as residential moving services that come to your house, pick up your boxes and furniture and things to move them across town to your new location. There are also services that can prepare your for interstate or international moves outside of the New England area. There are even moving services in Massachusetts that can take care of it all for you, including packing up your things to make sure everything arrives at your destination in one piece.
Regardless of the type of services you choose when planning a local move, it is important to keep a list of things that need to be done so you don’t end up scrambling around on moving day trying to take care of everything. This article will feature a checklist that you can use in conjunction with the Cape Cod moving services that you receive from Statewide Moving Company. Wherever you are moving from or to, our moving services in Massachusetts can help you get to where you need to be. Take advantage of these helpful checklists to make your local residential move go smoothly.
Things to Prepare Before a Move
In advance of your move and the arrival of your residential moving services professionals, make sure to take care of the following items. They will definitely help your move to go a lot easier and will make unpacking and setup at the new location stress-free.
- Take Down the Beds – Use special plastic wrapping to cover mattresses and box springs during the move. When taking apart the bed frame, make sure to keep all hardware like screws and washers in a bag. Tape the bag to the frame for easy assembly at the new location. Wash bedding and put it in separate garbage bags with pillows for each room. Label the bags for easy distribution at the new place.
- Clean Out the Fridge – The day before your move, make sure to thoroughly clean and dry the inside of your refrigerator. Consider using baking soda, fresheners or damp-rid to prevent strange smells from forming inside the appliance during transport and setup at the new location. Throw out any opened foods and make sure to safely transport any refrigerated or freezer items in a cooler.
- Watch the Weight – Try to keep all boxes to about 50 pounds for easier packing, loading, unloading and unpacking. Put heavier items in smaller boxes and lighter items in larger boxes.
- Take Priceless Items – Make sure to bring along any priceless and irreplaceable items, such as family photo albums, heirlooms, high value items, antiques or fragile pieces. Pack them safely and bring them along in your personal vehicle.
- Learn How to Pack – If you aren’t going to take advantage of packing and moving services in Massachusetts, take time to learn how to properly pack dishes, small appliances and other fragile items for your move. Ask your Cape Cod moving services for tips and request to purchase packing supplies that will help make your move even easier.
Create an “Open First” Box
A well known industry secret in the residential moving services business is to create what is known as an “open first” box whenever you make a move. This is good for local moves, interstate moves and even international moves. Include all of the things that you will need for your first day in the new apartment or house. Paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, coffee and coffee maker, coffee cups, bottled water, shelf-stable snacks, prescription medications, bed clothes for each member of your family and anything else you will need right away at the new location.
Contact Statewide Moving Company
If you are planning a local move and are in need of Cape Cod moving services or local moving services in Massachusetts, make sure to contact Statewide Moving Company for a FREE quote on any of our residential moving services. Our team of experienced movers can provide everything from simple moving services in Massachusetts to complicated commercial moves that involve specialty, high value equipment. Give us a call at 508-620-6411.