Planning residential moving in New England can be overwhelming, especially if you need to move during the winter months. Whether you are doing local moves in Massachusetts or you are moving out-of-state, you need quality moving with guaranteed pricing from a trusted statewide moving company. Just think about all of the things that you are entrusting these strangers to take care of for you during a move. Not just your furniture and personal belongings, but your collections, memories, family history and important firsts. Taking time to ask a few questions can help give you peace of mind that you might not have otherwise.
Here are some of the top questions that you should ask potential moving companies:
- Longevity – The amount of time and experience that a moving company has will have a lot to do with the success of your residential moving in New England. Even if the company has an insurance policy, you want to know that they are taking care of your most prized possessions, which are usually the things that no amount of insurance can replace. Longevity in the local area is also beneficial, especially if you live in a difficult to maneuver apartment building or if you need to move during snowy conditions.
- Licensing – Did you know that there are certain licensing requirements depending on the type of move that you are doing? If you are doing local moves in Massachusetts, you will want to make sure that the company has a state license. However, if you are doing a move from one state to another, they will need to have a United States Department of Transportation (US DOT) number. This is a unique license number that is issued to moving companies by the federal government. You can check to see if a DOT number is valid by searching in the online database. Statewide Moving Company posts its US DOT number clearly on our website along with other local licensing requirements.
- Liability – Another area that you will want to look into with regard to residential moving in New England is liability insurance. Make sure that the company is insured. You always want to have a license number and insurance to make sure that your things are protected. Ask about coverage for your personal belongings in case something were to happen during transit. Statewide Moving Company offers quality moving with guaranteed pricing and we also offer insurance for local moves in Massachusetts, as well as statewide moves outside the local area.
- Reputation – There are a couple of ways to check on the reputation of a moving company before you hire them to provide residential moving in New England. One way is to check out the Yelp.com reviews to see what other people who have used the company have to say about the services they received for residential moving in New England. Another is to check for any awards or recognition that they might have received for service, such as an Angie’s List Service Award.
- Rates – You should always get a quote from a moving company before you sign any contracts or agree to any type of service. Statewide Moving Company offers quality moving with guaranteed pricing, whether you are doing local moves or long distance moves. There are different rates for different times of year, including weekends and holidays, so make sure you get an estimate based upon the amount of furniture that you need to move and when you need to move it.
- Packing – Some companies offer additional packing services for residential moving in New England and some don’t. If you want the movers to do everything for you from packing and loading to transporting, unloading and unpacking again, make sure to ask and have it included in your estimate from Statewide Moving Company.
- Specialty – If you have high value or breakable items that you need to have moved, make sure to ask a representative about any special provisions that can be made to move your specialty items for interstate or local moves in Massachusetts.
Call Statewide Moving Company for an Estimate
If you are planning on doing residential moving in New England, make sure to call Statewide Moving Company for an estimate. We can help you with local moves in Massachusetts and out-of-state moves throughout New England and beyond. Call today at 508-620-6411 and speak with one of our customer service representatives for quality moving with guaranteed pricing right here in West Yarmouth and the surrounding area.